Mrs. Landingham where are you?
UPDATE: The deadline for applications has been extended to Friday January 13th.
The struggle against modernity is being lost. I am being beaten back by the incessant onslaught of emails, DMs, Skype calls, telephone calls, mail, and even text messages. It is time to acknowledge I need help and call in the reinforcements, namely you. I am looking for an Executive Assistant. The job will entail:
- Reading and filtering my daily email
- Answering phone calls
- Researching random facts (“What is the population of Juba?” or “Who was the cute one in the Monkees?”)
- Booking travel
- Ensuring follow up with staff
- Tracking Task Lists
- Tracking and updating project timelines
- Deflecting cranky moods (“Look! A new SNL skit is on YouTube!”)
The ideal candidate will not only emulate the qualities of Miss Moneypenny, Jeeves, Dolores Landingham, Matteo Ricci, and Tenzing Norgay, they will know who these people are. Minimum qualifications include:
- An ability to speak and write English with style and enthusiasm,
- An attention to detail that borders on the worrying,
- And a thoroughly well organized mind.
There are no educational qualifications for this position. Previous experience as a Personal or Executive Assistant will be looked upon favorably, as will French language skills.
The position is located in Ottawa, part time with flexible hours to begin with, and will likely become full time.
Applicants should send a 153 word cover letter explaining your three most successful means of staying organized to email@example.com with the reference line: “Moneypenny”.* The deadline is January 1st.
*Note the second qualification listed above.