About Building Markets
Building Markets is an award-winning non-profit organization that creates jobs and encourages economic growth by finding, building and connecting competitive local small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) and civil society organizations (CSOs) to supply chains, investment, and growth opportunities.
Leveraging a methodology that has now been tested across more than six countries, Building Markets maintains one of the largest independent data sets on SMEs in developing countries. We have built a network of more than 23,000 verified local businesses and organizations, assisted them in winning over $1.3 billion in contracts, and helped create almost 70,000 jobs. Building Markets is headquartered in New York City. The organization currently operates programs in Turkey and Myanmar and will soon launch in Jordan. For more information visit www.buildingmarkets.org.
The Project Officer will work closely with the Project Director and other senior staff members to ensure the smooth implementation of Building Markets’ programs at headquarters and in the field.
- Contribute to project planning, launch and implementation as required;
- Review data and reports in accordance with contribution agreements/contracts, targets, proposals and other related documents;
- Support reviews (internal audits) of the project as required;
- Travel to the field as needed.
Administration and Operations
- Provide administrative support to the Project Director, CEO, and field teams;
- Support the training of field staff in the use of Building Markets’ online platforms (including a virtual training platform, Salesforce Database, Google Drive and Matchmaking Platform);
- Support in the development, implementation and review of standard operating procedures to streamline program workflows and processes;
- Troubleshoot and resolve website-related issues in coordination with field teams and Building Markets’ programmers;
- Coordinate interns as required by the project.
Research, Communications and IT
- Provide remote quality assurance on data management, including data entry.
- Manage and produce web content (including blogs, Facebook, Twitter) to promote program activities, share lessons learned, and communicate with other partners and stakeholders;
- Produce, copy edit, and regularly update policy, market research briefs, and marketing materials in support of Building Markets’ programs and project administration;
- Conduct background research as directed by the Project Director and CEO.
- Support the preparation of donor reports (quarterly, semi-annual, annual), proposals, and other material as directed by the Project Director and CEO.
Project Director, and CEO as needed.
- Undergraduate degree (at minimum) in a relevant field (business administration, international relations, economics);
- 1-3 years experience in the nonprofit sector.
- Strong analytical and technical writing skills;
- Problem-solver that enjoys attention to detail;
- Good organizational and time-management skills;
- Excellent communicator;
- PC and Mac proficient;
- Social media and web content management;
- Comfortable with MS Excel and Google Apps; Experience with Salesforce a plus.
8 months (with option to extend)
Please send your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the position “Project Officer” indicated in the subject line.
Review Date: 31 May 2018.
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply early. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. This vacancy will remain open until the position is filled.