About Building Markets
Founded in 2004, Building Markets is an award-winning nonprofit that creates jobs and encourages economic growth in developing countries by finding, building, and connecting competitive local small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) to supply chains and investment. Through this approach, the organization has built a network of more than 23,000 verified SMEs, assisted them in winning over $1.3 billion in contracts, and helped create over 70,000 jobs in some of the world’s poorest economies. Building Markets is headquartered in New York City. For more information, please visit www.buildingmarkets.org.
The Summer Internship is open to recent graduates or current students who are interested in gaining hands-on experience with an international nonprofit organization. The Intern will support Building Markets’ headquarters team in New York City. Specific start dates are flexible, but the Intern would be expected to work for approximately four months (May to August). A modest monthly stipend may be available.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Assist with administrative tasks, such as organizing and filing documents, answering phones, scheduling, ordering office supplies, etc.;
- Provide support to the CEO;
- Develop communications materials for social media, reports, and blogs;
- Provide assistance with research and analysis, as necessary;
- Additional support as required.
- Enrolled in, or a recent graduate of, an undergraduate program in international studies, business administration, or a related discipline, with a keen interest in humanitarian and development work;
- Strong logistical and organizational skills;
- Solutions oriented, self-starter;
- The ability to work with and respect others from a diverse range of different cultures and viewpoints;
- Excellent written and spoken English language skills;
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Word and Excel;
- Strong attention to detail.
Location: New York City
Duration: 4 months
To Apply: Please send your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Summer Internship 2018