Who We Are
Building Markets is an award-winning non-profit organization that creates jobs and encourages economic growth by finding, building and connecting competitive local small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) and civil society organizations (CSOs) to supply chains, investment, and growth opportunities. We have built a network of more than 23,000 verified SMEs and organizations, assisted them in winning over $1.3 billion in contracts, and helped create over 69,000 jobs in some of the world’s most challenging environments. Building Markets is headquartered in New York City. For more information, visit www.buildingmarkets.org.
To become more sustainable, organizations require a solid management and organizational structure to deliver high quality services in a competitive environment where funding opportunities are becoming increasingly limited. Many Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) and Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs) do not have access to tailored training to help them improve their management and program delivery. For CSOs and SMEs to play the important role of delivering humanitarian and development assistance, these organizations need specialized training and mentorship to build their strength and solidify their role in society.
Building Markets seeks to develop a training program for SMEs and CSOs operating in Turkey. The objective of this initiative is to increase the capacity of these local organizations by providing training opportunities on the thematic priority areas outlined below. Each thematic area will have an expert assigned to developing theme-specific material.
Building Markets seeks the services of a Training Coordinator to ensure coherence across the disparate trainings to be provided, and to contribute to a holistic training approach for SME and CSO clients.
Location: Turkey, with domestic travel expected
This applicant will oversee all thematic specialists to provide a comprehensive perspective and ensure harmonization across our capacity building efforts. The applicant will be expected to oversee the development of training materials by consultants that are addressing the following thematic priorities, with gender considerations mainstreamed in topics marked by (*):
- CSO Governance*
- Project Management*
- Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL)*
- Human Resources Management*
- Strategic Communications*
- Financial Management
- Assessing and Mitigating Environmental Impact
- Experience in managing different training courses, each with their own curriculum;
- Experience in instructional design and curricula development;
- Experience managing large teams and delivering high-quality results;
- Experience designing and delivering theoretical and practical professional training;
- Experience working with SMEs in Turkey or a similar country context;
- Experience preparing training/learning materials for an audience with low levels of formal education and training;
- Fluency in English and Turkish.
- Degree in Education or Pedagogy;
- Familiarity with thematic priority areas listed above;
- Familiarity with Turkish business regulatory environment;
- Familiarity with internationally recognized best practices for strengthening organizational governance practices, human resources, program management, Monitoring Evaluation Accountability and Learning, financial management, environment and communications strategies;
- Experience working with CSOs in Turkey or a similar country context preferred;
- Familiarity with gender mainstreaming practices that will be incorporated into course content;
- Arabic language skills;
- Priority will be given to applicants residing in Turkey – no international travel expenses will be covered.
Please send your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position indicated in the subject line.
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply early. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. This vacancy will remain open until the position is filled.