Program Officer – Sustainable Marketplace Türkiye
Location: Istanbul, Türkiye country office, with occasional travel to other work sites as required
Duration: Fixed-term 12-month contract, including 3-month probation period
Start Date: 1 October 2022
Job Summary: The Program Officer coordinates activities across the dynamic country team offices and supports IT and program service delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support overall program management requirements and implementation of various program activities, including content creation, events, mentorship, research and reporting
- Help coordinate roll-out of global, local, and program initiatives
- Create meeting notes, agendas and provides time-management, troubleshooting and organizational support to team members
- Ensure SOPs are created, maintained and implemented for all program tasks, inline with workflows and TORs
- Support team members to implement the organization’s forthcoming learning agenda
- Support the management of digital assets
- Provide editing, proof-reading, and other quality assurance support for publications, reports, and related activities in Turkish and English
- Support coordination and quality assurance processes related to the organization’s grant-making activities
- Other tasks as needed
- At least 5 years experience working in a similar role supporting direct implementation of an international development project related to livelihoods or related field
- Proven research and analytical skills
- Strong understanding of donor reporting requirements
- Impeccable organizational skills and work ethic
- Experience in managing digital assets, including experience working with various tools including Salesforce, Laravel, WordPress, learning management systems, G-Suite, etc.
- Perfectly bilingual in Turkish and English, fluency in Arabic or another language is a bonus
- Commitment to Building Markets’ mission and mandate in Türkiye
- No obstacles to travel within Türkiye
- Able to work from the office and from home
- Experience working in a rapidly evolving work environment
- Ability and willingness to maintain confidentiality
Are you the one we are looking for?
You are a dynamic, mature and fun self-starter. You know how to anticipate program needs and support a busy management team. You are a problem solver who is comfortable with ambiguous work tasks – you don’t need all the details in order to act. You know how to embrace change. You have a high level of energy, you are trust-worthy and results-oriented. Managing multiple files is easy for you and meeting deadlines is a breeze. You enjoy working independently when needed, or as part of a team. You are willing to keep up with flexible working hours and a busy workplace. We promise you will never be bored!
Primary: Global Head of Programs
Secondary: Program Services Director
To Apply: Please send your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org