Circular Economy and Climate Change Fellow
Internship or Part-Time Employment Opportunity
Founded in 2004, Building Markets is an award-winning non-profit that creates jobs and generates economic growth in crisis-affected and frontier markets. We do this by providing a set of mutually reinforcing services, including verification, training, and matchmaking, that connect local small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) to supply chains and investment. Through its approach, the organization has built a network of more than 25,000 SMEs, assisted them in winning over $1.3 billion in contracts, and helped to create over 70,000 jobs in countries as diverse as Afghanistan, Haiti, Liberia and Timor-Leste. Building Markets is currently active in Turkey and Myanmar.
Building Markets is seeking a Circular Economy and Climate Change Fellow to support the implementation of new program models and approaches to support micro, small and medium sized enterprises (MSMEs) contributions to build and scale a circular economy and address climate change.
The Fellow will be responsible for the production of the following deliverables:
- Landscape analysis of networks, partnerships, competitors, funding opportunities and gaps in programming
- Development of a position paper and brochure
- Development of sample communications content, in line with Building Markets’ communications practices
- Development of a register of relevant tools and cases, from Building Markets’ own MSME network and externally
- Develop impact measurement methodology and tools to track progress on key Circular Economy metrics identified with the Building Markets team
Primary/direct: Global Head of Programs
Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- Currently enrolled in, or recently completed, a Master’s degree or equivalent in circular economy, climate change, environmental management or related topic
- Experience producing research reports, benchmarks or other corporate analytic tools – 2 samples required
- Experience directly with or designing strategies that support small and medium-sized enterprises in developing countries, preferred
- Demonstrated subject-matter proficiency
- Experience working with geographically dispersed organizations, with presence in developing countries and/or frontier markets
- A can-do mindset, with a strong commitment to driving and delivering results
- Exceptional research and writing skills
- Excellent analytical, communication and presentation skills
- Personal integrity and excellent judgement
Location, Employment Status and Compensation
The Fellowship position is located at Building Markets’ Headquarters office in New York City, NY with openness to virtual work.
The position is open to valid U.S. work permit holders. The position will be staffed on a part-time basis, up to 2.5 days/week, for term not exceeding 6-months.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Please send your cover letter, outlining how your experience and skills match with the key duties and responsibilities of this opportunity, and CV/resume to email@example.com. The subject line of your application email should read: Circular Economy and Climate Change Fellow
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted and may be interviewed. The opportunity is being advertised until filled.