Client Relations Officer
Who We Are
Building Markets is an award-winning non-profit organization that creates jobs and encourages economic growth by finding, building and connecting competitive local small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) and civil society organizations (CSOs) to supply chains, investment, and growth opportunities. We have built a network of more than 24,000 verified SMEs and organizations, assisted them in winning over $1.3 billion in contracts, and helped create over 69,000 jobs in some of the world’s most challenging environments. Building Markets is headquartered in New York City and currently operates programs in Myanmar, and Turkey. For more information, visit www.buildingmarkets.org.
Building Markets has recently expanded its model and resources to Jordan, starting with a Market Assessment of refugee and Jordanian micro, small and medium-sized enterprises (MSMEs), in order to bring visibility to the growth constraints and capabilities of these businesses. Moving forward, its work in Jordan will focus on continuing to survey enterprises and expand its network, as well as connect local businesses to opportunities emerging in the local marketplace. This includes access to tenders, capital, online profiling, and training.
The Client Relations Officer is the point of contact for Building Markets’ MSME clients in Jordan. Primarily, the Client Relations Officer will make field visits to MSME clients to collect data on businesses and share Building Markets’ mission, objectives, and services. Specifically, the Client Relations Officer will be responsible for:
- Making field visits to local businesses;
- Describing the mission, objectives and complete suite of services offered by Building Markets;
- Conducting interviews with business owners/managers using Building Markets’ tablet-based questionnaire;
- Delivering information from interviews with MSMEs to Building Markets’ Project Manager;
- Contributing to the success of data collection by understanding the strategy, questions, and purpose of the survey to ensure maximum efficiency and accuracy of data;
- Contribute to data entry and data validity;
- Be part of a positive team environment by respectful conduct toward all Building Markets; staff, partners, and clients.
- University degree in a relevant field and /or secondary school certificate and relevant professional experience (e.g. 2-3 years conducting field surveys and/or interviews;
- Knowledge of the Jordanian business community and industries;
- Fluency in Arabic and English;
- Confidence and interpersonal skills, ability to interact with all levels of business executives, government officials, and partners;
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Ability to represent Building Markets accurately and professionally;
- Strong motivation to promote private sector development in Jordan;
- Entrepreneurial and resourceful attitude;
- Basic understanding of surveys, enumeration, and data entry;
- Good communication skills and experience with cross-cultural communication;
- Creativity and ability to apply skills in an environment with limited resources.
Amman, Jordan with travel to field locations to conduct interviews, as required.
Full-time, 2-month contract.
Application Closing Date
5PM Amman time, 25 January 2019
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
To apply, email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Jordan Client Relations Officer.