Data Support Fellowship
About Building Markets
Founded in 2004, Building Markets is an award-winning nonprofit that creates jobs and encourages economic growth in developing countries by finding, building, and connecting competitive local small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) to supply chains and investment. Through this approach, the organization has built a network of more than 23,000 verified SMEs, assisted them in winning over $1.3 billion in contracts, and helped create over 69,000 jobs in some of the world’s poorest economies. Building Markets is headquartered in New York City and currently operates programs in Liberia, Myanmar, and Turkey. For more information, please visit www.buildingmarkets.org.
Building Markets seeks a dynamic, data-savvy student currently enrolled in a Graduate program or a recent graduate of a Bachelor’s degree program to help the organization transition to an interactive Salesforce data management solution. The Fellow should be a master of Excel and an expert in consolidating, cleaning, and analyzing very large datasets. The Fellow will report to the Project Officer in NYC. Specific start dates are flexible, but the Fellow would be expected to work part-time for approximately four months. A modest monthly stipend may be available.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Support the consolidation and cleaning of program data in Excel to be integrated into Salesforce;
- Conduct analysis on Building Markets’ historical data to identify trends relevant to SMEs across development markets;
- Conduct analysis of project data for donor and stakeholder reporting, analyzing interesting trends and highlighting Building Markets’ impact.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, international studies, business administration or a related discipline, with a keen interest in helping organizations improve their data systems to better track project metrics and quantify program impact;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- A mastery of Microsoft Excel.
Duration: 4 months
Please send your cover letter and CV to email@example.com with the subject line: Data Support 2018 Fellowship.