IT and Product Specialist
Us: We are a social enterprise that creates jobs and encourages economic growth in crisis-affected countries by connecting local businesses and organizations to new opportunities. Our innovative, data-driven approach to market development has built a network of more than 24,000 local businesses and organizations, assisted them in winning $1.3 billion in contracts, and helped create 70,000 jobs. Over the last two years, we have introduced several new digital platforms to increase the impact and efficiency of our organization and the value to our end-users.
You: A hands-on digital MacGyver excited about our mission and able to lead our technology-based initiatives. This includes managing our WordPress and Drupal sites, and an internal Salesforce Database, as well as other software and systems. You will enhance the function and design of existing products and resources, and will work with management to refine strategy and improve workflows associated with the Organization’s tech. You must be able to teach, both in-person and virtually, including establishing a common vocabulary to get the entire team on the same page as new processes are implemented and refined.
- Ensure existing technology (internal and external) meets the needs of Building Markets’ end users and program teams, including gathering and managing requirements from system users;
- Directly improve functionality, coordinate installations, test and troubleshoot systems and problems, and maintain and upgrade hardware and software as needed;
- Establish and monitor key performance indicators related to the security and function of the organization’s IT systems;
- Manage/oversee relationships with external IT vendors.
- Understand and analyze industry trends/opportunities/challenges/etc, as they pertain to the work of Building Markets and other leaders in the sector;
- Recommend new innovation and technological solutions to complement and improve upon Building Markets’ current services and technology initiatives;
- Coordinate tasks and deliverables across multiple teams to ensure their timely delivery;
- Support the CEO with strategic planning to take potential innovations forward from the seed stage to production.
Leadership, Education and Coordination
- Align pace and direction of projects/initiatives with overall strategic priorities of the organization and monitor and evaluate their progress;
- Provide ongoing support and training to Building Markets staff who interact with technological initiatives and lead staff training on technology both virtually and in-person.
- Certificate/degree in relevant discipline or 5 years of demonstrated experience working in a similar organizational environment;
- Technical knowledge and experience with Salesforce, Wordpress, Drupal, ODK, and HTML/coding;
- Advanced programming skills and experience managing programmers.
This is a flexible position that will involve 15-21 hours per week. An ideal candidate is able to travel to our NYC office, although some work may be done remotely.
To apply, email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: IT and Product Specialist