Market Research Consultant
Founded in 2004, Building Markets is an award-winning non-profit that creates jobs and generates economic growth in crisis-affected and frontier markets. We do this by providing a set of mutually reinforcing services, including verification, training, and matchmaking, that connect local small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) to supply chains and investment. Through its approach, the organization has built a network of more than 25,000 SMEs, assisted them in winning over $1.3 billion in contracts, and helped to create over 70,000 jobs in countries as diverse as Afghanistan, Haiti, Liberia and Timor-Leste. Building Markets is currently active in Turkey and Myanmar.
Building Markets is seeking a Market Research Consultant to develop a new market research report for micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs) (with a focus on micro and small businesses). The report will take the form of a business case for MSMEs to assess, plan and implement digital transformation strategies, initiatives and tools within their companies, with a view to expanding business opportunities and market share in Turkey, ultimately leading to job creation for refugees and host community members.
Prospective consultants should provide a proposal to Building Markets including the following elements:
- Consultancy timeline and proposed approach, including rationale to include an existing business case methodology (e.g. HBS Case Method, INSEAD case study method) in the final deliverable
- Identify or develop tools to enable companies to identify their digitalization needs
- Best practices in identifying, assessing and implementing digital strategies and tools
- Impact measurement methodologies that businesses can use to monitor their progress and business impact
- Work with Building Markets staff to identify business cases to include in report
In addition, the Consultant will be required to:
- Liaise with Building Markets staff to develop infographics and other visuals to include in report
- Participate in regular progress meetings with appointed Building Markets’ team members
- Revise the deliverable based on Building Markets’ feedback
The deliverable should be fully approved and completed by December 31, 2021.
Primary/direct: Global Head of Programs
Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- Master’s degree or equivalent in a relevant domain, including business administration, economics, or public administration or policy.
- Experience with market research
- Experience related to digital transformation
- Experience developing business cases and success stories
- Experience in developing toolkits, research products and pricing models to MSMEs
- Experience directly with, or designing strategies that support, small and medium-sized enterprises in developing countries, preferred (e.g. supply chain, access to finance, training)
- Experience working with geographically dispersed organizations, with presence in developing countries and/or frontier markets
- A can-do mindset, with a strong commitment to driving and delivering results
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, communication and presentation skills
- Personal integrity and excellent judgement
Please send your proposal in the form of a cover letter, outlining how your experience and skills match with the key duties and responsibilities of this opportunity, and CV/resume to email@example.com. The subject line of your application email should read: Market Research Consultant
Note: Consultancy applications are reviewed with a view to ensuring value for money. You must include a quotation as to rate and a timeline for work completion.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted and may be interviewed. The opportunity is being advertised until filled.