Who We Are
Building Markets is an award-winning non-profit organization that creates jobs and encourages economic growth by finding, building and connecting competitive local small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) and civil society organizations (CSOs) to supply chains, investment, and growth opportunities. We have built a network of more than 24,000 verified SMEs and organizations, assisted them in winning over $1.3 billion in contracts, and helped create 70,000 jobs in some of the world’s most challenging environments. Building Markets is headquartered in New York City and currently operates programs in Jordan, Myanmar, and, through partners, Turkey. For more information, visit www.buildingmarkets.org.
As a part of its continued response effort to the Syrian crisis, Building Markets has established a program in Turkey to improve socio-economic cohesion and resilience among refugee and host communities through increased access to job, business, and investment opportunities. This includes a survey of Turkey-based enterprises, to help international organizations identify capable local partners, and a targeted training and capacity building program to grow local expertise. Building Markets seeks to continue to develop its programmatic priorities in Turkey by bringing greater visibility and providing tailored services to Syrian and other refugee-owned, as well as host community, enterprises in Turkey.
Building Markets is seeking the services of a professional photographer to assist the organization in documenting its various project activities. These photographs will form part of Building Markets’ project/program photo portfolio. Under the supervision of the Communications Coordinator, the photographer will be required to:
- Capture high resolution images of Building Markets’ various program/project activities in Turkey. Specifically, Building Markets requires photos of:
- business activities,
- enterprise's place of business,
- owner and employee portraits,
- product photos, and
- other requests, as needed.
- Manage administrative and operations tasks associated with scheduling photo-shooting sessions and managing photo files;
- Provide Building Markets with high-quality photographs housed online or on an external hard drive. These photos must be cleaned and edited. The copyright for all these photographs remains with Building Markets.
- Ownership or possession of a high-resolution professional digital camera/equipment is required;
- Minimum 1-year experience as a photographer;
- Experience taking portraits or photographs for development-related agencies and projects is a plus;
- Experience in taking commercial photography such as business marketing materials, business websites, etc. is required;
- Experience with photo editing (Adobe Photoshop or other softwares);
- Availability and willingness to travel throughout Istanbul (with possibility to travel to other cities throughout Turkey);
- Ability to work in close coordination with other team members;
- Fluency in Arabic and English; and
- Outgoing personality with excellent interpersonal and communications skills (some translation between Building Markets staff and beneficiaries may be required).
All information pertaining to this project (documentary, digital, cyber, project documents, etc.) belonging to Building Markets, which the photographer may come into contact with in the performance of his/her duties under this assignment, shall remain the property of Building Markets who shall have exclusive rights over their use. Except for purposes of this assignment, without written permission of Building Markets this information shall not be disclosed to the public nor used in any form whatsoever by the photographer, as Building Markets will be the owner of these photographs.
Istanbul, Turkey with travel to other project cities, as required.
Full-time employment over 6-months
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. To apply, email your resume, cover letter, and a brief portfolio to email@example.com with the subject line: Photographer- Turkey.
March 8, 2019 5 PM EST