Program and Communication Associate
Who We Are
Building Markets is an award-winning non-profit organization that creates jobs and encourages economic growth by finding, building and connecting competitive local small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) to supply chains and investment. We have built a network of more than 24,000 verified SMEs, assisted them in winning over $1.3 billion in contracts, and helped create over 70,000 jobs in countries such as Afghanistan, Haiti, Liberia, Mozambique, and Timor-Leste. Building Markets is headquartered in New York City and currently operates programs in Jordan, Myanmar, and Turkey. For more information, visit www.buildingmarkets.org.
In Jordan, Building Markets is working with more than 300 local companies by bringing them visibility through our online matchmaking platform: https://entrepreneurs.buildingmarkets.org, providing training services, access to local and regional tenders, and connecting them to supply chains and capital.
The Program and Communications Associate is an important point of contact for Building Markets’ SME clients and stakeholders in Jordan and is responsible for digital outreach and communication about Building Markets’ services, as well as assisting with other components of the program. Specifically, this includes:
- Maintaining up-to-date client and stakeholder datasets, detailing outreach needs and specifications;
- Coordinating SME training outreach and tracking user engagement on Building Markets’ learning platform;
- Sharing online profiles with businesses and engaging them on Building Markets’ Matchmaking Platform;
- Contributing to the design, content, and updating of Building Markets’ marketing collateral and reports (as needed);
- Assisting with event planning and implementation (arrangements, taking minutes etc);
- Following-up with clients via calls and emails;
- Supporting Building Markets’ tender distribution service by researching, posting, and disseminating tenders to SMEs to connect them to opportunities in the market, as needed;
- Delivering information from communication and outreach efforts with SMEs and stakeholders to Building Markets’ Project Manager;
- Assisting the Project Manager on other aspects of the program, as needed; and
- Being part of a positive team environment.
- University degree in a relevant field and /or secondary school certificate and relevant professional experience (e.g. 2-3 years conducting outreach and communication or clients relations);
- Fluency in Arabic and English;
- You have strong organizational skills and care about getting details correct, including managing data on client interactions;
- Extroverted personality who enjoys outreach and interacting with a range of clients (business executives, government officials, and partners);
- Motivated to promote private sector development in Jordan;
- Fast learner with a resourceful attitude;
- Good written and oral communication skills across diverse cultures;
- You are not intimidated by technology and comfortable using Google Drive, Excel, and online databases and resources;
- Experience with customer service and events a plus.
Full-time, 2-month contract with possibility of extension.
Application Closing Date
5PM Amman time, 3 May 2019
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
To apply, email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line: “Program and Communication Associate- Jordan”.