Who We Are
Building Markets is an award-winning non-profit organization that creates jobs and encourages economic growth by finding, building and connecting competitive local small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) and civil society organizations (CSOs) to supply chains, investment, and growth opportunities. We have built a network of more than 24,000 verified SMEs and organizations, assisted them in winning over $1.3 billion in contracts, and helped create over 69,000 jobs in some of the world’s most challenging environments. Building Markets is headquartered in New York City and currently operates programs in Myanmar, and Turkey. For more information, visit www.buildingmarkets.org.
Building Markets has expanded its model to Jordan, starting with a market assessment local micro, small and medium-sized enterprises (MSMEs). The objective of the Assessment is to bring visibility to the growth constraints and capabilities of these businesses, so they can be connected to opportunities emerging in the local, regional and global markets. This includes access to tender opportunities, capital, online profiling on Building Markets’ matchmaking platform, and training.
The Project Associate will support business outreach, tender collection and distribution, and expanding our business network. This includes:
- Assisting the team with scheduling interviews, following up with clients, and fielding any outreach to the Jordan office;
- Identifying new businesses to be verified for Building Markets’ services;
- Collecting and posting local and regional tenders on Building Markets’ Matchmaking Platform;
- Assist with data cleaning as needed;
- Being a part of a positive team environment by respectful conduct toward all Building Markets; staff, partners, and clients.
- Relevant professional experience (e.g. 2years of experience in project support, research and data, customers service, administration/operations);
- Knowledge of the Jordanian business community and industries;
- Fluency in Arabic and English;
- Outgoing personality with excellent interpersonal and communications skills;
- Ability to interact with all levels of business executives, government officials, and partners;
- Tech savvy with experience using Excel;
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Ability to represent Building Markets accurately and professionally;
- Strong motivation to promote private sector development in Jordan;
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial and resourceful attitude;
- Basic understanding of surveys, enumeration, and data entry.
- Amman, Jordan with travel to field locations to conduct interviews, as required.
- Full-time, 2-month contract, subject to extension upon review.
Application Closing Date
- 5PM Amman time, 18 October 2018
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- To apply, email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org the subject line: Project Associate - Jordan.