12-month Contract, until 14 September 2022
The Training and Mentorship Coordinator is a results-driven professional with excellent organizational, interpersonal, communication, and entrepreneurial skills. The T&M Coordinator is responsible for ensuring that Building Markets is generating value for its network of local Turkish, Syrian and refugee-owned businesses and providing high-quality mentorship services to them.
The position will support the Training Manager (Country Director or Global Head of Programs as appropriate) in designing and implementing training and mentorship services, recruiting and cultivating trainers/ mentors, developing and maintaining strong mentee-mentor relationships, and monitoring and measuring outcomes during Stage 2, The Delivery stage of the Building Markets Sustainable Marketplace project whereof the respective project shall be running scaled-up implementation of the project activities, impact reporting, donor reporting, M&E reporting, and project closing activities. The T&M Coordinator has a broad and deep understanding of local market dynamics to ensure Building Markets’ network has access to relevant networks and opportunities.
The T&M Coordinator will organize Building Markets' mentorship services, coordinating with relevant staff members whose work feeds directly into plans that improve the enhancement of the relations built between mentors, local Turkish, Syrian and refugee-owned businesses, as well as the broader business ecosystem.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Create, follow up with, and track matchmaking leads, focusing on domestic/Turkish SME and corporate buyers;
- Represent Building Markets with local stakeholders to support business development outcomes (e.g. business associations);
- Respond to matchmaking requests from Turkish buyers by compiling supplier information and disseminating matchmaking reports to potential buyers;
- Assist the Business Development team with other tasks, as needed.
- Contribute to matchmaking event strategy, planning and implementation;
- Monitor and track event registrations, attendance, and event evaluations, including follow-up via calls and emails;
- Support the drafting/translation of event outreach materials and event communication needs;
- Engage Building Markets network online to encourage event participation.
- Contribute to refining and enhancing training materials and content made available by Building Markets to ensure they support business development targets;
- Coordinate mentorship services, including oversight of mentorship network and service delivery; ensuring SME and mentors selection, matching, and sessions serve business development targets;
- Collect feedback on mentored SMEs to integrate into business development and matchmaking strategies;
- Stay current on global best practices related to in-person and virtual training and mentorship, targeting small and medium-sized enterprises.
- Assist the Country Office with other related tasks as required.
- Degree in Business Administration, related field or substantial equivalent in professional experience;
- Proven familiarity with Turkish market and SME development needs;
- Strong organizational skills and track-record of bringing people together for training or mentorship programs or events;
- Motivated self-starter, capable of leading initiatives from inception to results;
- Strong analytical and report writing skills;
- Excellent cross-communication skills, outreaching trainees and other organizations, hands-on coordination skills;
- Excellent presentation skills, documentation, data analyzing, and reporting skills;
- Experience leading initiatives in the region with a private sector focus;
- Fluency in Arabic and English (written and spoken);
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and meet critical deadlines while maintaining accuracy and quality.
- Regional experience and professional network;
- Fluency in Turkish (written and spoken);
- Familiarity with mentorship, startup and business ecosystem in Turkey and the Middle East;
- Experience working with civil society and/or educational institutions in Turkey or similar context.
Travel: Possible travel within Turkey