Founded in 2004, Building Markets is an award-winning nonprofit that creates jobs and encourages economic growth in crisis-affected countries by connecting competitive local small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) to supply chains and investment. Through this approach, the organization has built a network of 24,000 verified SMEs, assisted them in winning over $1.3 billion in contracts, and helped create over 70,000 jobs in Afghanistan, Haiti, Timor-Leste, and Liberia. Building Markets is headquartered in New York City and currently operates programs in Jordan, Myanmar and Turkey. For more information, please visit www.buildingmarkets.org
The Training Specialist will be responsible for ensuring the successful development and delivery of Building Markets' online training and advisory services in Jordan. This includes working with content providers to ensure curricula is relevant to the market context and responds to qualitative and quantitative feedback from users and participants. The Training Specialist will serve as the point person for training users for questions, feedback, and individual mentorship.
Responsibilities and Duties
Enhance Learner Outcomes
● Refine and enhance training materials and content made available by Building Markets including developing instructor materials and user documentations;
● Tailor content to the Jordan context, including aligning with existing and new market regulations and business needs;
● Monitor user interactions through analytics and surveys;
● Support users through individual mentorship to supplement online training materials;
● Stay current on global best practices related to in-person and virtual training, targeting small and medium-sized enterprises.
Enhance User Engagement
● Work with Business Development Specialist to design and implement strategies to market training curriculum and increase user engagement;
● Manager user/client relationships during and after training services to ensure a high-level of satisfaction;
● Set-up feedback mechanisms for gathering and responding to user experiences;
● Integrate quality control measures such as evaluations and client feedback to ensure consistency, effectiveness, and professionalism in presentation;
● Rapidly prototype methods to encourage trainee engagement and accelerate certification;
● Collaborate with Building Markets teams in the region to adopt and share lessons learned.
Coordinate Training Services and Reporting
● Regularly monitor training platform to ensure consistency in user experience and address administrator-level bugs;
● Coordinate with trainees to deliver mentorship services;
● Provide Arabic-language proofreading for training-related communications and events;
● Generate reports for management as required;
● Assist Project Manager in coordinating with outsourced training providers and other related tasks as required.
● Degree in Education, Business Administration, International Development, or related field;
● Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in a training, consultant or customer service role;
● Demonstrated experience in curriculum development, instructional design, or training delivery;
● Fluent in Arabic and English (written and spoken);
● Familiarity with Jordanian operating and business regulatory environment;
● Energetic and self-motivated with strong interpersonal, persuasion and facilitation skills with diverse groups;
● Must possess excellent communication and presentation skills (online and in-person);
● Tech-savvy, a quick learner, and a critical thinker;
● Ability to perform multiple tasks and meet deadlines, while maintaining accuracy and quality;
● Must be able to work well in a team environment to reach common goals;
● Excellent organizational, decision-making, and time-management skills.
● Experience working with small businesses in Jordan or in a similar context;
● Familiarity with internationally recognized best practices for strengthening organizational governance practices, human resources, program management, monitoring and evaluation, accountability and learning, financial management, environment and communications strategies;
● Strong motivation to promote entrepreneurship and private sector development in Jordan;
● Experience working with online e-learning platforms;
● Experience conducting quality assurance of training materials.
Possible travel in-country
Reports to the Project Manager
Full-time Position, 4-month Consultant Contract
Salary commensurate with experience
Interested candidates are invited to send a CV/resume, cover letter, and three professional references by email to email@example.com not later than December 14, 2018. The subject line must read “Training Specialist - Jordan”.