Building Markets Timor-Leste is Getting a New Look!
The Timor-Leste Building Markets site will soon adopt PDT’s new Business Portal look and feel. The changes will make the site more user friendly for buyers and suppliers, providing direct access to the information needed to tap into the Timorese marketplace.
The Business Portal will increase buyers’ access to Timor-Leste suppliers, promoting local procurement and the Timor-Leste Peace Dividend Marketplace. Suppliers will also find it easier to access new business opportunities through tender distribution and training.
Some of the changes to the business directory include:
- A new sector categorization system that classifies businesses into twenty-six key categories. The sub-sectors of these categories reflect the most commonly represented businesses.
- New location categorization, whereby businesses are classified by district, sub-district, suco and aldeia.
- More options to refine searches: by sector, sub-sector, location, company size, structure of ownership, and whether the business is female owned or managed.
- Additional company information available to buyers who log in, such as past performance and the option to rate suppliers that the buyer has done business with.
Other changes include:
- Success Stories from Timor-Leste Businesses.
- Jobs directory with job openings in Timor-Leste
- Information related to the Timor-Leste First principle, including how PDT can support organizations that have an institutionalized Timor-Leste First policy.
- Automatic SMS and email notifications to businesses operating in sectors where new tenders or other business opportunities have been released.
- Event listings of conferences, vendor days, training sessions, and other events related to the local marketplace.
- A link to the Peace Dividend Marketplace – Timor-Leste blog, an insider’s take on topics related to Timor-Leste, the local marketplace, entrepreneurship and more.
The Timor-Leste Business Portal will launch on June 25th – be sure to log on and check out the new features! PDT is happy to answer questions, register buyers for log in, and receive information on upcoming events to be posted on our event listings. Please contact email@example.com