Tender Distribution Services Assistant
Duration: 3 months; 16 hours per week
Who We Are: Founded in 2004, Building Markets is an award-winning nonprofit that creates jobs and encourages economic growth by connecting competitive local small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) to supply chains and investment. Through this approach, the organization has built a network of more than 26,500 verified SMEs, assisted them in winning over $1.36 billion in contracts, and helped create over 71,400 jobs in countries like Afghanistan, Haiti, Timor-Leste, and Liberia. Building Markets is headquartered in New York City and currently operates programs in Myanmar and Turkey. For more information, please visit www.buildingmarkets.org.
Position: The Tender Distribution Services Assistant will support the expansion of tender distribution services to additional countries in the Middle East and Africa.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Source tender opportunities relevant to SMEs in the target countries from both global and country-specific resources.
- Upload tender opportunities to Building Markets’ Salesforce database and ensure the quality of the tenders on the Tender Directory.
- Distribute tender opportunities through private local groups on different communications channels (i.e. Facebook, WhatsApp, Viber, and others).
- Communicate with businesses to provide clarification and assistance related to the Tender Directory and application to tenders.
- Follow up with business that download tender attachments from the Directory to monitor application to tender opportunities and contracts won.
- Monitor analytics from the Tender Directory and provide monthly impact reports for each country.
- University degree in a relevant field and/or secondary school certificate and relevant professional experience
- Fluency in English and Arabic
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail, including managing data on client interactions
- Extroverted personality who enjoys outreach and interacting with a range of clients
- Fast learner with a resourceful and flexible disposition
- Good written and oral communication skills across diverse cultures
- Experience using Google Drive, Google Analytics, Excel, and Salesforce; Experience with WordPress a plus
- Experience with data analysis and monitoring and evaluation
- Experience with customer service
- Experience in communications and marketing is a plus
Reporting Lines: Primary reporting line to Project Officer. Secondary reporting line to Global Head of Programs.
Travel: No travel.